A little bit about the Committee
The Welfare and Advocacy Committee is responsible for advising the Guild Council on issues affecting the student experience on campus.
This involves developing Guild Policy on important issues like parking, childcare services on campus, campus security, the availability of public transport for students, and general government policy affecting students at UWA. The Welfare and Advocacy Committee is also responsible for overseeing the Guild Welfare Department.
The membership of the committee consists of:
- Amitabh Jeganathan (Guild Welfare Officer and Chair of the Welfare and Advocacy Committee)
- Emma Mezger (Guild President)
- April Htun (Education Council President and Executive Officer of the Welfare and Advocacy Committee)
- Thomas Cotter (Sports Representative)
- Lucinda Thai-Le Tran (Access Co-Officer)
- Avery Wright (Pride Officer)
- Martha J. McKinley (Ordinary Committee Member)
- Kush Rathore (Ordinary Committee Member)
Staff sitting on the committee include:
- Jenny Ophel (Associate Director - HR & Student Services)
- Alana Thompson (Student Assist Manager)
|2020 Welfare and Advocacy Committee Minutes|