Guild Volunteering is your connection to meaningful volunteering opportunities with life-changing organisations, both on-campus and in the wider community.
A partnership between UWA, the Guild, and Volunteering WA, the Guild Volunteering venture is living proof that volunteering is of benefit to the student experience and complements the teaching and learning objectives of the University.
Volunteering is an incredible way to create impact, gain valuable skills, and have fun in an inclusive environment of like-minded people. Guild Volunteering provides these opportunities through day trips, regional trips, and events and regular micro-volunteering activities for those looking to volunteer without the ongoing commitment.Find out more about 2021 Student Leader Opportunities >>
Get Started with Volunteering
Never volunteered before?
Don’t stress – here’s a few tips on what you should get organised before signing up to make everything run smoothly:
- Consider your passions: we have volunteering opportunities for 14 areas of interest! Still not sure? Head to the Guild Volunteering office for a chat with our awesome team; they can point you to the perfect opportunity for you!
- Alternatively, check the Guild Volunteering portal on CareerHub for all our volunteer listings.
- Consider your schedule: how much time can you reasonably dedicate to volunteering? No matter how busy you are, there’s a volunteering gig for everyone!
- Do you have your paperwork? Volunteers will need a WA Police Clearance and current Working With Children’s Check; we can help you obtain both of these to get you started!
Are you a registered not-for-profit organisation doing amazing work in the WA community?
Guild Volunteering is here to connect you to a huge pool of passionate students seeking all kinds of volunteer roles from skills-based volunteering to one-off volunteering opportunities. We have partnership agreements with over 250 community partners, and we are always looking for new meaningful opportunities to link UWA students to.
By registering for free with Guild Volunteering, we can assist you in promoting your volunteer opportunities and connecting with students. You’ll get access to our UWA volunteering jobs listings portal, and promotion of your organisation through our social media channels.Register for free
Volunteering promotes a strong positive impact in the wider community, but it’s also a great way to demonstrate valuable personal and professional attributes to potential employers.
Through our Transcript Recognition program, verified volunteer work with our 250+ partners and community organisations can be officially recorded on your supplementary academic transcript.Log your verified volunteer hours here
|Recognised as volunteering on transcripts||Not recognised as volunteering on transcripts|
|Unpaid and of the volunteers' free will||Unpaid work that meets the criteria of work experience, such as internships|
|For the common good||Unpaid work undertaken towards course credits|
|Undertaken during enrolment at UWA||Unverifiable unpaid work such as administration, committee meetings.|
|For a registered not-for-profit charity or organisation||Unpaid work for a commercial organisation or event with no clear positive outcome for the wider community.|
|For an outreach-type activity|
Student-Led Volunteer Programs
We have heaps of leadership opportunities for students related to our volunteering programs. These include:
- Student Volunteer Coordinator: lead one of our Guild Volunteering programs like Guild Gardens, Micro-volunteering or Event volunteering; or you can manage partnerships with/recruit student volunteers for external organisations.
- Guild Volunteering Ambassador: take your passion for getting involved and become a champion of Guild Volunteering!
- Volunteering and Community Engagement (VACE) Committee: made up of a Chair and 6 other student representatives, VACE works to set the strategic direction of volunteering and community engagement activities within the Guild.
- Clubs & FacSocs: we work with Club and Faculty Society representatives to promote their volunteer programs and charity fundraising initiatives, as well as supporting those looking to start up new ones!