The 107th Guild Council has made a strong start to the term, with a number of notable achievements coming from the first two December councils. From establishing a Student Innovation Centre to setting up the 2020 Budget, everyone has been hard at work preparing our bold new vision for what the Guild can achieve for students.
Have a read about what we’ve been up to below:
- Elected a new Vice President and Chair as well as all of the Guild’s committees
- Accepted 2020 Guild Council Dates
- Elected a Multicultural Week Managing Director
- Accepted the new Cruickshank-Routley Memorial Prize Rules
- Created a new Sponsorship Working Group to figure out how we can manage sponsorship for the Guild, clubs and societies better
- Established the Student Innovation Centre which will transform the way we empower students with enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Created $5,000 Student Innovation Grants to be distributed through the centre
- Established an independent student-led think tank as a forum for students to apply degree-specific content to a broader context
- Approved the 2020 Budget, including for all the student club grants and Guild Departments
- Urged the University to consider investments into renewables instead of long-sea tiebacks
And that’s a wrap on 2019! Here’s to 2020.
General Secretary 2020