A little bit about the Committee
The Volunteering Committee sets the strategic direction of volunteering and community engagement activities within the Guild.
Our primary mission is to build a culture of student-led volunteering and community engagement on campus.
We believe in building long-lasting relationships with organisations in the wider community, and giving students the opportunity to pursue areas of volunteering which they are passionate about. The new internship program seeks to develop greater leadership capacity amongst students, fostering a drive for change and encourage others to ‘do good’.
The membership of the Volunteering committee consists of:
- Ethan Nicholas (Chair of the Volunteering Committee)
- Amitabh Jeganathan (Guild President)
- Sapphire Carter (Welfare Officer)
- Jak Beard (Societies Council President)
- Daniel Roden (Ordinary Guild Councillor and Executive Officer of the Volunteering Committee)
- Maria Waters (Public Affairs Council President)
- 2 x Elected Ordinary Committee Members: To be Elected - April 2022
Staff sitting on the committee include:
- Clare MacNish (Volunteering Manager)
- Antonia Taylor (Social Impact & Community Co-ordinator)
- Jenny Ophel (Associate Director - Student Services & Human Resources)