The 109th Guild Council met on Wednesday, May 25. Here's the highlights of the motions passed:
- Council appoints TCRB as its master planners and approves the business case of 40k
- Confirmed and approved the new election timetable for 2022.
- Passed a motion to support the Uni Melb stance on the Palestine crisis, and stand in solidarity with the Palestinians mourning the dealth of the Palestinian journalist.
- Council supports the Ethnocultural Departments' petition to secure a safe space for students of CALD backgrounds, and directs the council to give priority access to Ethnocultural Department to acquire a club room.
- Motioned to recognise the Albanese Labor government will continue neoliberal attacks on students, workers and the oppressed; and commits to fighting for rapid action on climate change, free and fully funded higher education, an end to all mandatory detention for refugees, and real wage increases.
Next meeting will be held Wednesday 29th June 2022 at 6:00 PM. If you would like to attend via Zoom, please contact [email protected] by Tuesday 28 June.
See all Guild Council Documents, including minutes, here.